top of page


In Romania there are over 30,000 historical monuments, ensembles and sites of inestimable value. These historical monuments, through the richness of the architecture and the way they were built, speak for centuries about our history. In the spirit of the Venice Charter (1964), the ICOMOS principles and the traditional practice of consolidating historical monuments, the approach we use is the following: investigations, identifying the causes that produced structural degradation, we propose consolidation solutions, we choose the consolidation solution together with the beneficiary and the architect, we optimize the chosen solution and implement it in the execution phase of the project, we adapt the execution details according to the information received from the site.

Turnul Sf Dumitru

The Bell Tower "Saint Dumitru"

Located at a distance of 30 meters southeast of the Church "Saint Dumitru" in Suceava, the Bell Tower "Saint Dumitru" is a historical monument classified with the code LMI SV-II-m-A-05479.03. Prince Alexandru Lăpușneanu, Petru Rareș's son-in-law, built between 1560-1561 a bell tower with three floors and walls two meters thick, partially over the ruins of a previous construction. In 1809, the tower was damaged by a fire, being renovated only in 1845 when a new floor was added in the shape of a tower with an octagonal base, over which rises, on eight timber columns, the top of the roof. Currently, the bell tower is 40 meters high, being the tallest church tower in Suceava.

Muzeul de Geologie

National Museum of Geology

The building that houses the National Museum of Geology, is on the list of historical monuments at position 1271, with the code LMI 2004 B-II-m-B-18984 and the address Sos. Kiseleff Pavel Dimitrievici no. 2 sector 1 Bucharest. The building built between 1906 and 1908, in neo-Brancoveanu style, according to the project of the famous architect Victor Ștefănescu, has a Brancoveanu porch, the facade of the building abounding in architectural elements specific to the Western Renaissance and in reasons of baroque influence.

Imobil str. Doamnei nr 12

Str. Doamnei no. 12 Building

The building with height regime Ug + Gf + 5F is registered on the list of historical monuments 2010 of the Ministry of Culture and Cults, at position 855, having the code B-II-m-B-18590 and the address str. Doamnei no. 12, sector 3, Bucharest.

The building, originally built in 1886 based on the project signed by the architect Adolf Lang, housed the National Insurance Company and had a general basement, ground floor, two levels and attic. Later, in 1931, the building was superimposed from the level of the second floor (replacing the attic) with three more levels (the last two retreats), the construction getting the look kept until the date of expertise, 2012.

Biserica Cu Hramul "Intrarea în Biserică a Maicii Domnului”

The church dedicated to “Entry Into The Church Of The Mother Of God”

The church dedicated to “ENTRY INTO THE CHURCH OF THE MOTHER OF GOD” from Râncăciov village, Călinești commune, Argeș county is a historical monument with the LMI code 2010 AG-II-m-A-13772. Dated from 1481, the church is in shape today following the works of 1847.
Built on a triconch plan, the Church has a Pantocrator tower made of masonry over the nave, with the side apses and the circular altar both outside and inside. On the west side (attached to the entrance tympanum) is the bell tower, the access being made by a colimason staircase made in the thickness of the south-east shoulder of the porch.

Colegiul Alexandru Lahovari

Alexandru Lahovari National College

Alexandru Lahovari College from Ramnicul Valcea Municipality is registered on the list of historical monuments with the LMI code VL-II-m-B-09608. Consisting of four bodies, they were built between 1909-1930 according to the plans of the architect Nicolae Ghica-Budesti. Over time, it was also called Nicolae Balcescu High School.

Hotel Concordia

Concordia Hotel

Concordia Hotel, historical monument with LMI code 2004 B-II-m-B-19708, is a real estate complex of 3 buildings (height regimes Ug + Gf + 2F and, GF), located on Smardan Street at number 39, Bucharest. Dated from 1846, Corps A was the place where on the evening of January 23, 1859 at the meeting of the national party, Colonel Al. I. Cuza was also nominated lord of Wallachia, and on January 24 the vote took place.

Terasele Castelului Peles - Sinaia

Peles Castle from Sinaia

Considered one of the most beautiful castles in the world, Peles Castle from Sinaia, the summer residence of the kings of Romania (until 1947), is due to His Majesty Carol I, King of Romania, Prince of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (1866 - 1914).

Biserica Mânăstirii Chiajna Giulești

The church of Chiajna Giulești Monastery

The church of Chiajna Giulești Monastery is a historical monument with LMI code 2004: B-I-s-A-17884. The construction of the Chiajna Monastery began during the reign of Alexandru Vodă Ipsilanti (1774–1782) and was completed during the reign of the Phanariot Nicolae Mavrogheni (1786–1790). Built in neoclassical style, it was large for that time: 43 meters long and 17 high, walls 1 and 2 meters thick. Bombed by the Turks after construction was completed, the church lost its main tower after the 1977 earthquake.

Imobil Aleea Alexandru

Aleea Alexandru no. 37

The building is included on the list of historical monuments at position 244, with the LMI code B-II-m-B-17970, dating from the first half of the twentieth century. The building with a Neo Romanesque architecture, has very beautiful decorations on the NE and NW facades, of neo-Gothic design.

Catedrala Arhiepiscopala – Manastirea «Sfintii Apostoli Petru si Pavel»

The Archbishop's Cathedral - The Monastery "The Holy Apostles Peter and Paul"

The Archbishop's Cathedral - The Monastery «The Holy Apostles Peter and Paul», a monument from the cultural heritage of Constanța Municipality is present on the LMI list with the code 2010 CT-II-m-A-02793.
The Orthodox Cathedral "The Holy Apostles Peter and Paul" is located in the peninsular area of Constanta and was built in neo-Byzantine style, of pressed brick according to the plans of architects Alexandru Orăscu and Carol Beneș, between 1883 - 1885. The original painting was made by the painter George Demetrescu Mirea. The sculpture for the iconostasis and pews, as well as for chandeliers, polycandres and candlesticks (bronze metal alloy with brass) were designed by the architect Ion Mincu and made in Paris.The German artist Wirnst elaborated the stained glass windows.

Biserica Sf. Ioan Botezatorul

The Church of St. John the Baptist

The Church of St. John the Baptist is a historical monument with the code LMI, ILII-m-A-14137.01. Located in Jilavele village, Jilavele commune, Ialomița county, the church dates from 1697, being rebuilt in 1844 and then benefited from major interventions in 1915.

Biserica cu hramul „Sf. Arhangheli Mihail și Gavril”

The church dedicated to "St. Archangels Michael and Gabriel”

The church dedicated to "St. Archangels Michael and Gabriel” historical monument code LMI 2010 B-II-a-A-18157, is part of the ensemble of Mărcuța Monastery and dates from 1587, with interventions from the period sec. XVI-XVIII, being one of the oldest churches in the capital.
Mărcuța Church is one of the most valuable historical and architectural monuments preserved from the second half of the 16th century. It is part of the places inspired by the plan of the church in the Cozia monastery, in the shape of a cross, with a tower on the nave, with walls about 80 centimeters thick, with porch, narthex, nave with Pantocrator tower and altar.
The most valuable element of the church is the exterior decoration, which places it among the most important religious monuments of the second half of the sixteenth century.
They are kept in the vicinity of the original church, the bell tower and the surrounding wall which has special entrances.

Muzeul Podgoriei din Dragasani

Dragasani Vineyard Museum

The Dragasani Vineyard Museum is located in a building built before 1920 and is listed as a historical monument with the code LMI 2004: VL-II-m-B-09752.

Imobil str. Scoalei 8 - Bucuresti

Str. Scoalei no. 8 Builing

The building known as Casa Dimitrie S. Nenițescu, is a historical monument, nominated at no. 2089 on the LMI list - 2015, with the code B-11-m-B-20960. Built between 1908 and 1911, the building corresponded to the highest standards of that era.

Hotel Helios - Bucuresti

Helios Hotel

The Helios Hotel building is on the list of architectural monuments from 2015 with the code B-II-m-B-18879. The building was built during the years 1885 and is in a relatively good condition, being permanently inhabited since construction until now.

Imobile monumente istorice Lipscani si Gabroveni

Lipscani and Gabroveni historical buildings

The buildings located at the addresses from Lipscani street 72, 74 and Gabroveni 35, 37 sector 3 Bucharest, are included on the list of architectural monuments at the positions LMI Code B-ll-mB-19042 (for Lipscani 72) and B-ll-mB- 19043 (for Lipscani 74). Shop houses, built around 1900, both buildings are currently in a very advanced state of degradation.

Cetatea Fagarasului

The Fagaras Fortress

The Fagaras Fortress, a historical monument with the code: BV-II-a-A-11687, having in the Middle Ages a dominant strategic position in southern Transylvania, is one of the largest and best preserved medieval fortifications in the entire country.

Initially built of timber and earth around 1310, it was rebuilt modernized and finally restyled by Italian architects of the Renaissance until around 1690 when the Vauban bastions were added, and the entrance tower was integrated into the outer enclosure.
The Fagaras Fortress (which includes Fagaras Castle) was never conquered.

The Fagaras fortress has had over time the following functions: military defense fortress, princely residence, military depot, prison and museum.


Also, the members of our team participated in the following projects:


  • The passage of the stairs - Sibiu, code LMI 2004 SB-II-mA-12010.03;

  • Corps B of the Central Military Hospital - Bucharest code LMI B-II-mB-19408;

  • Oromolu office - The influence of deep excavation on historic buildings neighbors: Building D + P + E + M str. Paris no. 5 made in the 1930s historical monument with the code LMI 2010 B-II-mB-19345, Building S + D + P + 2E / S + P + 3E str. Paris no. 7 made in the 1930s historical monument with LMI code 2010 B-II-mB-19346;

  • Technical assistance for the site “Sfânta Sofia - Floreasca” Church, Calea Floreasca street, no. 216, sector 1, Bucharest, 18th century, historical monument inscribed in the List of Historical Monuments from 2004, 2010 and 2015 under code B-II-mB-18735 and RAN code 179132.80

  • Natural History Museum - listed building grade 1, code: 1080675, London, UK.


For technical information on the application of level 3 methodology (Push-over and Time-History analyses) to assess the seismic vulnerability of historical monuments, you can also consult the information posted on the Strucon Proiect YouTube channel or contact us directly at the email address:

Thank you! We will get back to you soon.

bottom of page